A memorial journey

 

✈Flying to Orlando Florida. Final destination: Disney World💘

This anecdote happened on 2016, when I was 15. 🎉By my birthday, my father save money since 2002 to travel to Disney World in family, my mom, dad and me. A situation occurred to us, but not even at our destination if not before arriving. It all started in the Orlando Airport; although my father went sometimes early, it is so difficult find the correct exits because you need to take a train to go to emigration section. It should be noted that, in that moment, I could not speak English, my mother neither and my father could it but very basic so the moment of an interrogatory for an emigration officer was so terrifying. Fortunately, my mother and I were accepted to enter the country without asking questions, but my father was signaled to go to a room for questioning about the intentions to enter to U.S.A. My mother was so nervous and terrified that my father was not accepted, and he would have to return to Costa Rica, and we would be left alone in a country where we did not know the language or be able to go anywhere. I was trying to keep calm because I thought that my father didn't get any crime or motived to be refused, and he went to United States before, so I had hope. As 1 hour later, my father comes with us, and he told us that it had already been accepted and that we could leave; the 3 of us was relieved and happy to be able to continue the trip. When we got to the hotel, my father said that the questions that the emigration officer asked him was so weird; some examples were, does the hotel where you go serve bacon for breakfast? or do you know that Costa Rica left us out of the last World Cup? 😐 All of us was so confused but just let's continue to the Disney's parks. The moral in this story can be; if you go to U.S.A, you must answer the questions with honesty no matter how silly they seem to you.

See you the next time. 👋



Comments